By Kendria Brown, NDG Intern
Gabriel Aubry has a four-year-old daughter with Hollywood actress Halle Berry, and now he has a pending restraining order against Berry’s fiancé Olivier Martinez who has beaten him badly last week.
The altercation began when Martinez allegedly threatened Aubry, claiming to kill him and left him with a “broken rib, bruised face, and under arrest.” These are Aubry’s accusations which are included in court documents filed for a restraining order against Olivier Martinez, who is engaged to Berry.
The scuffle took place on Thanksgiving Thursday in the driveway of Berry’s home. It is unknown who the aggressor was, but Aubry claims that Martinez threatened him a day prior at Berry’s and Aubry’s four-year-old daughter’s school.
When Aubry arrived to Berry’s home on Thanksgiving Day to bring their daughter, he was allegedly confronted by Martinez who threatened to “kill him” if he did not move to Paris.
Aubry and Berry have a rocky custody battle history; Berry requested to move to France with her daughter Nahla Aubry but was denied and joint custody was awarded to the two.
During the brawl, Aubry says Martinez said, “You cost us $3 million” while attacking him.
Aubry was the one arrested after he was said to confront Martinez; however in court filings, he argues that he was not the aggressor because Martinez “threatened and attacked” him “without provocation.”
The hearing for the restraining order request is set for Dec. 17.
CPS has also been called in the picture since the daughter, Nahla Aubry, was present during the fight. Although she was not involved, there has been a history of allegations of physical abuse and the Department of Child and Family Services would like to interview, Halle, Gabriel, and Olivier on what happened Thanksgiving.