Each year in excess of 1100 Garland area residents; children and adults have attended this event and received a variety of services. This year we anticipate an increase in attendance and the following services will be provided.
- Free school supplies for GISD and Garland area students (Courtesy of Mount Hebron Missionary Baptist Church and Garland NAACP)
- Childhood Immunizations
- Free health screenings (cholesterol, glucose, diabetes, blood pressure, vision and more)
- Health and Wellness Information
- Community Resource Booths
- Education Seminars for Students and Parents
- Voter Registration and Education
Partnering with the NAACP Garland Branch for this community outreach event is: Baylor Hospital at Garland, City of Garland, Garland ISD, Mount Hebron Missionary Baptist Church, Faith Community Seven Day Adventist Church, Shiloh Missionary Baptist Church, Garland Area-wide Brotherhood, KKVI FM Radio, NANBPWC Inc, Garland Club and Buttons Restaurant.
The Chairperson for this event and the NAACP Garland Branch Health Committee is Mrs. Carol Blakes. For additional information please contact her at email@example.com or (972) 381-5044, #4.