Partnering with the NAACP Garland Branch for this community outreach event is: Baylor Hospital at Garland, City of Garland, Garland ISD (GISD), Mount Hebron Missionary Baptist Church, Faith Community Seven Day Adventist Church, Shiloh Missionary Baptist Church, Garland Area-wide Brotherhood, NANBPWC Inc, Garland Club, Northeast Dallas Jack and Jill of America Inc. and Buttons Restaurant.
Each year over 1,100 Garland area residents; children and adults have attended this event and received a variety of services. A “one-stop” destination, the fair will provide health screenings and information for all ages and help to prepare GISD students to go back to school.
- Free school supplies for GISD and Garland area students (Pre-register online or at any City of Garland Recreation Center)
- Children’s Immunizations (available nearby at Garland Public Health Clinic, 206 Carver St.
- Community Agencies that Specialize in Helping Children
- Free health screenings (cholesterol, glucose, diabetes, blood pressure, vision and more)
- Health and Wellness Information
- Community Resource Booths
- Education Seminars for Students and Parents
- Voter Registration and Education