At one point in time Corey Haim was the cutest teen star in Hollywood, of course this was in the 1980s and 1990s but nonetheless he made the hearts and minds of young girls across the world go a flutter. His film credentials extend as early as 1982 but he was most famous for such movies as Lucas, The Lost Boys and License to Drive.
His career eventually sizzled out for a while but in 2009 he began making a comeback with a small roll in Crank 2: High Voltage and Oh, What A Night. Unfortunately for Haim his career was not able to restart fast enough because he succumbed on Wednesday from what authorities first reported as a drug overdose.
Canadian born Haim, 38, had previous battles with drug addiction but according to his manager and long time friend, Mark Heaslip Haim had really began controlling his addiction through various prescribed medications from a licensed medical doctor.
Haim shared a Los Angeles apartment with his mother who is battling cancer and who called the ambulance when Haim became unresponsive after feeling dizzy and falling to his knees. She told the authorities that Haim had not taken any illegal drugs and none were found with the body.
Corey Feldman, Haim’s longtime friend and once a Hollywood teen idol, pleaded with the media to not draw speculations as to how Haim died.
“I know that there were symptoms that he was showing that expressed it could be a number of things,” Feldman said. “This could have been a kidney failure. This could have been a heart failure.”
The autopsy, including toxicology, will be performed but as we all know in California it could be weeks before anyone knows how Haim truly died.