At this time, based on information and directives from local, state and national leaders and health departments, Garland ISD will continue to remain closed through Monday, May 4, 2020, in alignment with the executive order issued by Governor Abbott today.
The district will reassess again the week of May 1 to determine the next best course of action to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Steps the district is taking
- working to provide technology devices for those students who need them
- developing learning activities for the student to do at home
- providing meals for students
- continuing to closely monitor the potential impact of Coronavirus (COVID-19) in Dallas County and follow the guidance provided by local health organizations
- frequently using a preventive antimicrobial misting system at all facilities and on our buses to thoroughly and widely disinfect
- making adjustments to our attendance policies to support students who need to self-quarantine (see the 3/6/20 update for more details)